Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Michael Schiavo = Dirtbag x 12^23

Check out this quote from his Nightline interview.

BURY: "Your wife's family and their supporters have been arguing in the most graphic terms that what you are going to allow happen on Friday, in their words, is in effect condemning your wife to a cruel death by starvation. I'd like you to address that charge from them."

SCHIAVO: "That's one of their soapboxes they've been on for a long time. Terry will not be starved to death. Her nutrition and hydration will be taken away."

I double checked the definition of starvation just to make sure it hadn't changed in the last couple of years and somehow I didn't get the memo.

starvation - n 1: a state of extreme hunger resulting from lack of essential nutrients over a prolonged period.

That's what I thought it meant. Michael did go on to explain his understanding of the word, "Starvation".

SCHIAVO: "...slowly - her potassium and her electrolytes will slowly diminish and she will drift off to a nice little sleep and eventually pass on to be with God."

That sounds more like yoga. Maybe this is all a big misunderstanding and someone should explain the meaning of starvation to him before he kills his wife.

If that's the logic you're going to use then why bother with all of the legal red tape. Just march into Terri's room and lop her head off with a samurai sword a la O.J. Simpson. When someone asks why you killed your wife, your response should be, "I did not kill my wife. I merely removed her head from her body. She then drifted off to a nice little sleep and eventually passed on to be with God." What a thoughtful husband you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ragin, I would have to agree with your view point, and can relate to what you are talking about regarding Nicole Simpson and Terri Schiavo.

However, I can only encourage you and others including myself not to take it so personally. I only say this because when we become enraged and angered by such events, we tend to end up like those who committ such acts.

I constantly remind myself that there is a higher power that we will all answer to. As the text is written, God says "Do not fear the first death, but fear the second."

As Jesus Christ did, he suffered a much more serious punishment then Terri, Nicole and others have suffered. This was done to relay a deep message for us Christians. I don't deny being upset by what happened to Terri, but I strongly believe that her life was pre-destined to help deliver a message to each of us.

Instead of looking at the acts itself, we need to look at the reasons why such events take place in the first place, and to remember that God has a purpose and plan that must be carried out.

But also remember that I rather have her in a better place, then to be constantly be played with as if she is some kind of toy. True indeed she has suffered in her last days, but most importantly the ultimate reward is with God.

God Bless!